Our Terms & Conditions
- Minimum of two (2) passengers
- Arrival and Departure times are weather dependant and may change on short notice
- Rates are VAT inclusive
- Weight and Medical conditions must be supplied to NHS at least 7days prior to take-off
- Passengers should be ready for departure 30min prior to agreed take off time.
- Passengers will be dropped off at HoseaKutako International Airport 2hours 30min before their departure time of their international flight.
- Type of aircraft used will be determined by the number of passengers booked on the flight.
- Combined weight of 160kg/353lbs for two passengers – max 100kg/220lbs per person
- Luggage weight: 20kg/44lbs per person in SOFT bags
- Safety is priority at Namibia Helicopter Services (NHS) thus wills NHS only fly in good weather (VFR flying conditions as specified in NAMCAR’s). NHS pilot in command will make the final call whether the current weather meets requirements to fly. Should a change in arrival time be applicable you will be notified immediately. NHS will not be held responsible for any cost incurred due to the course of these diversions/cancelations for example missed flights, meals, accommodation, transfers these cost will be for the account of the client.
- The Pilot accommodation and meals will be for the clients account should the Pilot not overnight at base.
- Agents should brief clients beforehand on what to expect to see, arrival times and cost implications that might change due to weather conditions.
- Helicopters are not pressurized and are not equipped with oxygen on board.
Missed flights / standing fee
NHS will charge a one hour standing fee per person for flights missed per day or on no flying days.
Please inform NHS of passengers with medical conditions e.g. Hart conditions, diabetes, respiratory problems and pregnancy. Should a female be pregnant a medical certificate would be required should she be in her 2nd trimester of pregnancy.
NHS will not allow unaccompanied minors below the age of 14 years old; minors must be accompanied by at least one adult.
Only aged 14 – 18 minors will be allowed to travel alone
Copy of passenger passport is required.
If infant is less than 24 months old, the infant may be strapped onto the mothers lap (combined weight of 90kg and 20kg Luggage)
Infant less than 24months of age; flight cost is 25% of that of an adult.
Should the Infant require a car stool strapped into the aircraft the infant will be charged at full price and may have 20kg of luggage.
Should the client require a car stool for their infant – the client will have to supply NHS with a car stool.
Copy of the passport is required.
Should clients require a transfer; the “Empty” trip leg will be charged on the account of the client, except if NHS has a transfer in return.
Helicopters are based Otjiwarongo, Sossusvlei and Windhoek.